Getting E-books on your computer, Tablet or Smart Phone
1. From the computer you will navigate your browser to
2. In the upper right hand corner you will click the words "sign in."
3. You will then begin typing in the name of your library. (We are, of course,
Bonne Terre Memorial Library.) If it pops up below the box simply click on
it to select it.
4. Once you have selected your library, another page will load asking for your
library card number and pin. Your library card number can be found on
your library card near your name and barcode.
5. The pin is your last name with the 1st letter capitalized.
6. Once logged in, simply browse around.
7. You may choose up to 5 selections but keep in mind your selections expire
after 2 weeks and will disappear from your device.
8. Once you click on a selection you will either see "Borrow" or "Place a Hold".
9. "Place a hold" means it is already checked out to someone else but you can
reserve it. You will get the option to enter an email address where you can
be notified when the e-book becomes available in your name.
10. "Borrow" means the book is available and can be downloaded to your
device for 2 weeks. Many patrons find it easier to log in on the computer, make their selections and then sign into Overdrive or molib2go on their
device to access and read or listen to their selections there.
11. To view your list of selections go to your "bookshelf” and a list of the titles
you have selected will be visible. I found it difficult to read the e-books from my computer because an e-book reader program is required to do so and most PCs do not come with one, but navigating the page on the
computer may feel more familiar than browsing on your device.
12. From the device you will navigate its browser to and
follow the same steps above or go to your app market and download the "Overdrive" Media app. When it is finished downloading follow the steps it requires to create an account then select your library and follow the steps above.
13. As always, if you have trouble call us at 573-358-2260 and ask a Librarian for help.